Dance the tango of death in Grabity, a fast-paced, physics-based arena brawler. Combat robots duke it out using Grab guns to turn nearby objects into lethal projectiles or makeshift shields in intense tactical throw-downs.
Players subvert gravity by means of Grab guns, seizing nearby objects and using them as projectiles to pulverize the opposition, or as makeshift shields to block inbound items. Players need twitch reflexes and precise aiming skills, but Grabity also rewards tactical thinkers who can outmaneuver and outwit opponents in this intense, chaotic tango of death. Jostling for position in a contest of aerial agility, players must turn gravity to their advantage, predicting the trajectories of both projectiles and rival players to secure a brutal hit while snatching their next crate in midair: lobbing objects while blocking attacks, mêlée ebbing and flowing in an elastic ‘footsie battle’ style.
It all makes for a frenetic, fast-paced game in which the arena evolves kinetically as players smash, grab and loot their surroundings – dashing for pickups, hovering momentarily to nail the perfect trajectory and squabbling over the last of the environmental ammo. Intuitive twin-stick controls provide a fluid experience that’s simple to learn but hard to master.
Grabity started out as a game jam in February 2016, and quickly evolved into something more as we realized we had something really fun on our hands. Since winning the 2016 Kiwi Game Starter Competition we’ve been hard at work making Grabity as awesome as possible!
- 2-4 person local multiplayer for maximum couch trash-talk
- Side-on 2.5D gameplay, fully rendered in 3D with real-time lighting and physics
- Intuitive twin-stick controls for a fluid play experience that’s simple to learn but hard to master
- Special items and pickups such as explosive canisters and EMP grenades add spice to the core gameplay
- Custom game modes such as Low Gravity, King of the Crate and Juggernaut
- Choose from several Arenas, each hosting a unique set of tactical choices
If you have any specific requests for imagery, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Logo & Icon
Awards and Recognition
- “Winner, Kiwi Game Starter” - Auckland, New Zealand, 7 September 2016
- “Finalist, Chromacon Art Awards” - Auckland, New Zealand, 8 April 2017
- “Finalist, Play by Play Awards” - Wellington, New Zealand, 22 April 2017
- “Winner, PAX Aus Indie Showcase” - Melbourne, Australia, 27-29 October 2017
- What We Liked From PAX Australia 2017 - Alex Walker, Kotaku
- Indie Spotlight: Grabity - Meghann O’Neill, PC Powerplay
- PAX AUS announces Indie Showcase 2017 winners - Brodie Fogg, Finder
- PAX Aus Indie Showcase 2017 Winners - Grace Hester, Player Attack
- Grabity and Sky Noon selected for PAX Aus Indie Showcase - Matt Maguire, Gameplanet
- PAX AUS 2017 Indie Showcase – Grabity - Stephen del Prado, Player2
- Grabity grabs New Zealand gaming glory - Ben Mack, Idealog
- Grabity: The Kiwi brawler that’s Super Smash Bros. with gravity guns - Matt Maguire, Gameplanet
Grabity’s music is being scored by Clark Aboud. clarkaboud.com
Artist - [email protected]
Programmer - [email protected]
Composer, Freelancer - clarkaboud.com